Thursday, June 5, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake

I was fined for boarding the train with the wrong ticket on my way to Versailles. Badass! I think the only time I have ever been fined was for overdue library books, so it was pretty neat. Thirty-three euros. Oops! I took it as a sign. The Camino is thirty-three days - one day for each year of Christ's life. At least the guy was super nice as he was punking me.

The palace was glorious, but the gardens were better. I kept thinking about two things: government spending in the U.S. and how I wish the palace hired live actors. The grounds reminded me of visiting Morgan in Potsdam.

Later I went to Musee d'Orsay. On my walk back I watched some kids at a skate park do this ollie thing where they would baton twirl the longboard and then land on it. Then I saw President Obama's entourage! I was closer to him today than I was at his inauguration. He told me he likes Paris too.

1 comment:

  1. Aw I loved when you came to visit! I want to do this. Let's discuss.

    ReplyDelete