Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dr. Murphy

They say after two weeks the soreness leaves you and the daily preparation process becomes routine. Tomorrow marks two weeks since I first arrived in St. Jean. Tomorrow I will hit the halfway point to Santiago de Compostela. And It is my half birthday! What a special day. It is wild to think that everyday someone is travelling the road I travelled the day prior. I am excited for those arriving to Santiago today, and I am even more excited for those beginning in St. Jean.

I am officially part of the pilgrim feet club! I alcohol swabbed the blister, punctured it with my needle, and tied the thread into a loop. My dad would be so proud! It didn't even hurt. Now it is draining pus. It may be my biggest accomplishment to date. Hell yes! I am doing things I never thought I could do before, and I am digging it.

I found out this morning that I have been offered my own place at school. Such a relief! I fantasized about decorating and about all the delicious foods I plan to make. The glow-in-the-dark solar system poster is going up first thing. My first meal will be a quinoa, almond butter, brown sugar, milk thing that I have been dreaming up. I also want to buy blue toilet paper like my grandpa used to have at his house. Such luxury!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!! Now you can relax about your living situation!! WOO HOO

    ReplyDelete