Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Burgos

Burgos was my favorite big city that we have passed through. I arrived early and drank beers with my new crew before noon. The albergue was near the cathedral, which was free after 4:30 on Tuesday. It was incredible! I ate pasta at a bar and wrote my twelve postcards while eating churros con chocolate. There I met Frank from Buenos Aires. Finally a South American! I was very excited. We walked to the post office together and then chatted until the match started. I have watched soccer every night. Sometimes I am thankful for curfew, because otherwise we'd stay out all night!

Many of my new friends stayed in Burgos for another day, and for some that is where their journey ends. Today Frank and I found shade and shared our travelling stories, talked about family, and compared Camino scars, bruises, and sunburns. Frank wanted to learn German so he moved and found a job. Next he wanted to learn how to ski so he moved to Switzerland. He began walking in Paris. And he is doing the Camino on a unicycle! I had actually heard of him and his friend Joaquin before I had met them. They are quite the characters! Rumor has it that Joaquin is a real Rico Suave. Camino gossip!

No comments:

Post a Comment