Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Foie Gras

I was on a mission to eat foie gras today. It was cruelly delicious! I made a French friend from Lyon named Landry Guibard, and he invited me to lunch. We shared foie gras, which was served on a plate of gelatinous material with a side of bread and jam. We drank champagne with our croque madames and finished our meal with espresso. I had a lovely time! He laughed at my pronunciation of Franklin D. Roosevelt, and he told me not to 'do a spoiler' because he hadn't watched Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones yet. I disappointed him by telling him Las Vegas was not in California, and he told me he only ate foie gras on Christmas.

I went to the Louvre twice and visited Saint-Chapelle and Notre Dame. The attractions are all repeats, but I couldn't help but geek out!

Then I came back to the hostel where I met James from Carmel, Indiana (like the candy, not the city) and we talked about Mexican food and Tarantino movies on a walk around the neighborhood. I saw a Parisian pug, and he was even more fabulous than the pugs in North Park.

1 comment: