Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Buen Camino

Pilgrims always say 'Buen Camino' to one another, and locals say it to us as we trek through their villages. It is lovely!

I slept in until seven but regretted it later when the sun was beating down on my neck late in the afternoon. I ate lunch in a park - a day old hot ham and cheese sandwich and untreated fountain water. Yum! A man passed me and asked if my bag was better. When I looked at him confused, he said he had been in the first hostel when the ladies dismantled my backpack. He said he was finished checking in but stayed to watch because it was better than television.

I tried kalimotxo today, which is half red wine and half Coca-Cola. It is no Bailey's and Diet Coke, but I did like it!

I got my first blister today. SO EXCITED! I might perform surgery in a few days but I'm nervous! I am supposed to take a needle and thread and puncture the blister and tie off the thread. This allows the blister to continue to ooze out pus. I worry I do not have the stomach for it. I will definitely post photos for friends and family :)

I crossed a lot of bridges today and there were no troll tolls so I was happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment