Wednesday, August 16, 2017

RIO

I said my goodbyes to Noor (crying) and made my journey from Cuba to Colombia to Brazil. Rio may be my new favorite city of all time!

I stayed at Mango Tree Hostel, which is a block from Ipanema Beach. It was perfection! When I arrived I did a much needed load of laundry for 45 reals, or 15 bucks. Expensive, but can you really put a price on clean clothes and hot undies?

I took the subway and the metro downtown to the Museum of Tomorrow. I spent nearly three hours there. The museum was interactive, and I learned about innovators in Brazil that are changing the game. The museum had an exhibition about how to make fashion more sustainable by having it serve multiple purposes. There was also an exhibit about communities that are having to migrate due to climate change. I was into the displays, giant screens, videos, and the hanging globe. My jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment