Monday, August 28, 2017

Iguazu Falls

RIP Lisa Left Eye. Did you know her sister's name was Reigndrop?

I know it's controversial, but I'm taking a stance. The Argentinian side of Iguazu is more beautiful than the Brazilian side. 

I went to the Brazilian side first, with a Brazilian lawyer named Rafaela and a Romanian med student named Teo. Rafaela said cool stuff. When I told her how amazing it is that Iguazu is in her country, she told me it belongs to all of us. When I mentioned my bad Spanish accent, she said bad accents don't matter as long as people understand you. 

Walking around took two hours, and I got baptized by the waterfalls, or cataratas. There were yucky possum like animals that tourists were petting. Heck no. Rabies can be fatal people. 

Passing through immigration was relatively quick and easy. Brazilians are the nicest, so i had lots of help. The Brazilian side was six hours. I walked around, took the train to Devil's throat, and went on a boat to get up close and personal (and wet!) with the waterfalls. The guy on the boat eased us close to the waterfall and then said "Otra?" And then we all yelled "Vamos!" And then repeated the process. Swimming under a waterfall is on my list of thirty things to do before I'm thirty. Although I didn't swim, I'm going to say it counts only because it was so much fun.

I also went to las tres fronteras, which is where Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina meet. I was in three places at once! I'm basically Mandy Moore in A Walk to Remember. WHY WAS THAT MOVIE SO SAD. Shane West was totally my bf in 2002. 

But en serio, remember when she had a list of things she wanted to do before she you-know-what and one of them was to be in two places at once and he took her to the Virginian border? Romance.


1 comment: