Saturday, August 12, 2017

Dying Declaration

When we returned to Havana, we stayed in a different part at an airbnb called the Cuban Actors. Omar was the manager and an actor. When we met him he told us the apartment had a new water system installed and to call if we had any troubles. We met Angel the handyman who was helping Omar with the water. The amount of times we used that phone...

In Havana, we went to all the squares, checked out a museum, a fort and a church, tried to eat at a paladar (we needed reservations ugh), ran into two girls from school, and returned to one of our favorite restauarants, where we shared pork with creole sauce, rice, beans, and plaintain chips.

Then I inexplicably got the sickest I have ever been! Barfing, pooping, and crying at the same time. It was unreal. AND THEN THE WATER WENT OUT, followed by more barf, more poop, and more tears.

Omar came in the morning and Noor explained that I was dying and he brought me water. He felt really bad that I was sick and even worse that there was no water. Noor and I left two times the next day and each time I went outside I yacked in the street. Such a good travel buddy! Angel's wife saw me trying to make it up the stairs (of course we were on piso 4) and she was so worried about me she called Omar and told him I should go to the hospital. 

But I'm back baby!!! Noor nursed me to health. She didn't get any sleep because she kept checking my vitals during the night. Such a dear! 


No comments:

Post a Comment