Saturday, July 5, 2014

Craving Veggies

I was surprised to see Dan from Philly and Jimmy from Atlanta, along with Dan's dad, in Gonzar. Dan's dad treated us to dinner. I had a typical Spanish combination plate: French fries, fried eggs, and chorizo. I cannot wait to eat a vegetable again!

Dan and Jimmy are both engineers and friends from college. Dan is interested in ministry and has served in South Sudan and Jamaica. They may be the coolest young Catholics I will ever meet. They made me laugh.

The beds in the albergue are sometimes pushed together, so even though they are two twins, it can feel like you are sharing a bed with a stranger. I told them it is awkward with a person you don't know, but once it happened with a person I had been walking with, and although I thought it would be better, it was still awkward. After dinner Dan found me and asked if I would like to switch beds with him because he had a single against a wall. I thanked him but said it was ok because I thought the person next to me was a lady. He then told me that if it ended up being a smelly, old, creepy man the offer would still stand. Very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment