Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Juiced on Juice

I walked around for two hours this morning and started to feel the altitude sickness (headache and tummy ache). BUT I SAW A BABY LLAMA. Or lamb. I'm not sure what animal it was but it was wearing a baby bonnet with flowers on it. I wanted to touch it and its large llama friend but I was scared its gypsy masters would rob me.

I went to the market and bought water and snacks for my trek. I shopped around for a Rainbow Mountain tour. The first two places said 120 soles, the third said 110, and the final company said 80. I was sold. That's only $23.70 to cover the bus ride, breakfast, lunch, and entrance fee.

Folks have been raving about juice and I got a platano/manzano/some other fruit and it was great. I asked around the hostel to see if people had visited Colca Canyon and met a girl from Holland that did it. She said it was treacherous and I ultimately decided against it, considering I am hiking/camping four days in a row and wake up times are 3am or 5am at the latest. Next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment